School Uniform Reminder Letter
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I want to take this opportunity to remind you of some key parts of our uniform policy. The intention of this is to avoid unnecessary confrontations at the start of the new school year with students returning to school in late August not dressed in accordance with our school uniform policy.
Our Uniform Policy will be strictly enforced in this academic year and students not correctly attired for class will not be allowed to attend lessons until the issue has been fully resolved. I want to emphasise that this is absolutely the last thing we want as a school as we all place great emphasis on good attendance to school and to lessons.
For the academic year of 2020-2021, all students partaking in PE are asked to wear their PE Uniform into school for the duration of the school day. School dressing rooms will not be open to facilitate the changing from the school uniform to their PE uniform. This year we are enouraging all students to purchase the Our Lady’s College PE sweatshirt. Contents of the PE uniform is outlined below.
We are very proud of our school and of our students and believe that high standards of uniform,
behaviour, being properly equipped and attending regularly give each and every one of our
students the very best chance of learning well and achieving their very best. Thank you all very
much in advance of your anticipated support and understanding.
Information below (from our Code of behaviour) on our School Uniform for 2020
School Uniform 2020
The Uniform as outlined below is compulsory for all students.
- Navy Plaid, Mid-Calf length, pleated skirt (wide knife pleats, sewn down from waist all round). Please note alterations to the skirt length will not be permitted.
- Light Blue shirt for junior students (Virginian – only available from the shop listed below) and White shirt for senior students.
- V-necked navy blue jumper with white stripe on the V-neck and new school crest (Hunter – 70/30 blend only). Jumper cuffs must not be frayed.
- School tie – Navy with green, blue and white stripes. The tie must be worn correctly and be clearly visible at all times.
- Plain navy tights – No Socks.
- Flat black or navy shoes. They must be well-fitted with adequate support for growing feet.
Shoes should be of a formal shoe-style. Boots, runners, runner-type, canvas pumps or sandals of any variety may not be worn in school.
- Navy school Jacket with new school crest and plain dark navy scarf may be worn to and from school but not in class.
- Hooded tops, of any type, must not be worn to or from school or on the school premises.
- Full uniform should be worn to and from school.
- All items of uniform should be clearly labelled.
- Any inappropriate items of uniform or jewellery worn in school, or on the way to and from school, will be confiscated for a minimum of two weeks.
- The School reserves the right to send home any student who is not properly dressed. She should change into the proper uniform and return to school, the same day, to resume her studies.
Uniforms will be available from:
Rock House Designs
Unit 9 Greenhills Industrial Village Drogheda Co. Louth
PE Uniform Policy
All students are required to wear full PE uniform for all PE classes.
PE Uniform consists of:
- Runners, no plimsolls or penny loafers
- White sport socks (no tights are allowed)
- Plain navy tracksuit bottoms. (Leggings are not permitted). Any student wearing leggings will not be allowed to participate in PE.
- Sweatshirt (Please see image below)
- Red, school crested PE t-shirt