Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for Internet Use in Our Lady’s College
Internet Terms and Conditions:
- Students are responsible for their own behaviour on school computers. General school rules for behaviour in keeping with Our Lady’s College Code of Behaviour apply.
- The internet is provided for students to conduct research. Access to the internet is granted to students who agree to conduct themselves in a responsible manner. Access is a privilege. Inappropriate use or behaviour on the part of an individual will result in cancellation of Internet privileges for the remainder of the year.
Inappropriate use or behaviour consists of:
- Intentionally damaging computers
- Attempting to download or print material from the internet without the teacher’s permission
- Consistently not attending to the teacher’s instructions
- Attempting to access inappropriate sites
- Attempting to access e-mail, social network sites or chat room accounts other than those associated with school based assignments
(Please detach and return the bottom portion)
I have read the AUP for Internet Use in Our Lady’s College, Greenhills. I agree to follow the rules contained in this document. I understand that if I violate any of these rules I will lose my Internet privileges for the remainder of the school year and I may face other disciplinary measures.
Student’s Name (please print):_________________________ Class: _______________
Student’s signature: _________________________________ Date: _______________
As the parent/legal guardian of the student signing above, I have read the AUP and grant permission for my daughter to access the internet. I also understand that Our Lady’s College, Greenhills cannot be held responsible for sites that are deemed as inappropriate but the Staff of Our Lady’s College has taken every precaution within its power to provide for online safety. I understand that my daughter will be held responsible for violations.
Parent’s/Guardian’s Name (please print): _________________________________________
Parent’s/Guardian’s Signature: ___________________________ Date: ________________